My mom Connie, LOVES vinegar, I mean, I believe the woman keeps the industry thriving, single handed. You can click on the picture for easy ordering or this word VINEGAR When she was buying a case, or 8 or 10 (each case holds 2 gallons mind you) on a joint shopping trip, I asked her what in the world she did with so much vinegar, seeing there is just her and dad at home. She was so very kind to make us this awesome list of the many things she uses vinegar for. Here’s my mom—– There are so many uses for this “white magic” I can’t list them all, but here’s a few:
I rinse my hair with it . It will strip any old shampoo, conditioner and swimming pool chlorine that is left in my hair.
- I put in in every batch of laundry I do . It disinfects anything there , and will neutralize bad odors. It works as well as bleach, without causing the clothing to fade or change colors.
- I am the dish washer at my house (none of those new fangled electric things for me no sir), and vinegar kills any ickies that happen to be left on the pots and pans and dishes too.
- I always have a spray bottle with vinegar (half vinegar half water )to spray the kitchen counters with to kill germs, particularly after working with poultry.
- I pour it straight in the toilet and the tub and spray the sink with it . It really makes taps shine and removes water spots .
- When I bring fruit and veggies from the store, I always wash them and I put a splash of vinegar in the slightly soapy water.
- Vinegar is great for washing windows, just add a little in the wash water.
- I pour vinegar in the carpet shampoo in my carpet cleaner when doing that chore.
- When the new puppy or kitten has an accident (either kind) on the carpet, I soak or pick it up with paper towels and then pour straight vinegar on the soiled spot, brush it good , clean it up, dry it up with paper towels and then “dump” 2 to 4 cups on the effected spot. I have never had a “ring” left on the carpet and the pet has never gone back to that spot for a repeat / encore.
- For accidents caused by pets on flooring, clean it up then I spray the spot with vinegar and use paper towels to dry.
- I spray vinegar straight onto unwanted weeds and it kills them dead. I like this since I don’t have to use chemicals on my ground risking injury to my pets.
- Vinegar is good to put on sun burns .
- I run and rerun vinegar thru my coffee pot to get out the hard water build-up.
- I got rid of my toe nail fungus by soaking my toes in straight vinegar for 30 minutes or so, several days in a row
The following Recipe Works GREAT!
How to Unclog A Drain With Baking Soda and Vinegar
• Pour a pot of boiling hot water down your drain.
• Dump in about 1/2 c. baking soda. Let that sit for a few minutes.
• Then, pour a mixture of 1 c. vinegar and 1. c very hot water down on top of the baking soda.
• Cover with a drain plug (to keep the reaction down below the drain surface) if you have one and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
• Flush one more time with a pot of boiling water. Why this works: The baking soda and hot water treatment will loosen up any grimy sludge that’s hanging out at the bottom of your drain, and the explosive chemical reaction with the vinegar will jolt it all loose. Then one final super hot-water rinse will make all the bad stuff go bye-bye. Thanks Mom!
Copyright A Mother’s Shadow, 2014, 2016
Recognize a blessing and be a blessing today.
More Topics on This Subject:
How To Easily Clean Walls
Laundry How To’s
DIY Car Headlight Cleaner
How To Clean Your Baseboards
Basic Home Maintenence