The PERFECT Mother’s Day gift for EVERY Woman
It’s that time to find the perfect gift for the woman, or women in your life – your wife, girlfriend, mom, mother-in-law, aunt, cousin, anyone!
- You are probably waiting for me to tell you about cooking utensil, bake ware, or kitchen gadget, that’s a must have in my kitchen – but no.
- Or link to foot and hand scrubs, or beauty products – nope.
- Maybe it’s a recommendation on a few books I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading with my book-club – wrong again.
- Something for relaxing like bath bombs? A new outfit? That to-die-for treat? Flowers? Jewelry? Oh the list could go on and on, but T.H.I.S IS the BEST gift you could give and I’ll explain.
First I’ll confess I don’t particularly like to exercise. It’s not my favorite thing to do. And I’ll get to the Mother’s Day gift if you’ll indulge me a bit please.
Now my neighbor Ashley, gets up early (and likes it – WHAT????) to teach at a local gym.
Me, I’ll get up early, but not to excitedly workout….geez….
I realize that in order to stay functioning at an active level, I need to exercise.
HOWEVER, I have some challenges with this, and it’s not just my attitude about exercising, it’s real, I assure you.
See, I have terrible knees, and pretty much always have.
From totally dislocating my knees as a young teenager, to several surgeries trying to repair them, to my first complete total knee replacement on BOTH knees at forty-four years old due to arthritis (which I only did so I could walk down the block again), it has left me in a bind.
Because of all the surgeries, then after the first total knee replacement our health insurance at the time wouldn’t allow physical therapy (…I know what you’re thinking..I know, no therapy…unthinkable – right??!!!) to rehabilitate them, I had to do what I could to walk and strengthen them. I functioned.
Consequently I don’t run. I simply can’t understand the mechanics of it and it’s impossible for me and sadly has been that way while raising five kids.
Then when I was fifty-three (a couple of years ago) I had to have both knees totally replaced again because the arthritis caused too many problems with the first set. They are doing really well now, but the rehab (which I DID get this time:) was extremely difficult the second time around.
NOW to the perfect Mother’s Day gift.
I’m sure you’ve already guessed that it’s exercise related, however I’d like to tell you about two of my favorites and encourage you to look into them for yourself, and everyone on your list.
ONE CHOICE is a this incredible DVD I happened on and oohhhh how I wished I had found it years ago!
Now Do NOT let the ‘Seniors and Older Adults’ throw you. Seriously this is one of the BEST resources I think there could be for strengthening after surgery or injury*, maintaining or regaining balance and strength for moms, grandma’s and great-grandma’s.
I am so impressed with Jane and her programs on this dvd, which really is for ALL ages and here’s why:
- The exercises are broken into sections for all abilities and levels, from sitting to standing, from holding onto a chair to free-standing.
- Jane designed this program to be done in sections, or all at once.
- Even if you are a die-hard exerciser like my friend Ashley, you will stretch your body in ways you haven’t since you were a child out playing – it’s wonderful.
- If you get tension knots in your neck and back like I do, it’s a rare occasion when they are not pretty tight. I was amazed that after doing the Upper Body Strength & Mobility Exercises, which is only 12 minutes they released incredibly!
- Did you realize the risk that those of us who sit for a couple of hours at a time working at a desk in an office or at home have of contracting blood clots? I’ve encountered a few people who have had this issue and it’s awful. After doing the Lower Body Stretches, only 13 minutes, it was apparent that making that a daily routine would be extremely helpful preventing this as it would keep the blood flowing and it felt SSOOO good too.
- I’ve never tried Tai Chi before until this dvd and Jane’s modified Tai Chi and Yoga is so cool! I really like the Full-Body 17 minute as a rotation in my routine.
- The reasons are many and I could go on and on why this is for EVERY age and EVERY woman – and man:). Jane did a fabulous job on this dvd. It’s very approachable in style, worth the time to do her practices and beneficial in what you gain as you stretch, gain balance, maintain mobility and help prevent injury or a fall.*
You can easily find Jane Adams dvd BALANCE & STRENGTH here
ANOTHER GREAT CHOICE is one I’ve loved for years and years. It’s Walking with Leslie Sansone and I am absolutely thrilled with her new ‘ MIRACLE MILES!’
I’ve really liked the WALK at HOME workouts over the years because you fantastic exercise, and so much more than just walking outside. With this new dvd there is a MIRACLE MILES BAND that provides resistance for a boosted work-out.
This dvd is also for ALL ages and here’s why:
- If you can walk, you can do this dvd
- Your ability and level is challenged by how much effort you put into the ‘walk’, so everyone can walk along and get a workout no matter your level of ability
- No fancy footwork to learn – just walking and 4 basic steps
- You can get healthy and body changing results in a short time
- So many choices with this amazing set to fit any schedule for any day.
- The band was surprisingly a great alternative to hand weights, with an easy adjustment of resistance, and does not smell of latex
- Fun and motivating. You can watch with voice coaching of Leslie or the music only option .
You can get the Walk AT Home Miracle Miles dvd here and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone!!!
The gift how to stay active, strong, able to interact with family, play with grand kids, do everyday activities, fulfill the goals and dreams still yet unfulfilled, as well as lessening the risk of injury, is a GREAT present we can give with these two dvds.
Copyright Carrie Groneman, A Mother’s Shadow, 2018
Recognize A Blessing And Be A Blessing Today
*Disclaimer – I am not a physician, or in any position of medical authority. I am only giving my personal opinion and do not take responsibility for any injury, damage, etc that could, would, might happen if you exercise or even contemplate getting off the couch and moving.