Cold and Flu Season Tips to Keep Healthy are here to help! Are you looking for natural remedies that are DIY, and actually work?
These DO make you feel better, help with a sore throat, body aches, helps you sleep and eases those symptoms.
I have put together for you –
- And ideas I came across
- Along with other techniques we have used in our family, to combat the flu and cold and chase the aches and pains away.
At the bottom are links to recipes that you see pictured here and MORE
Because I WANT YOU to stay healthy and happy!
There are ways we can prevent the cold and flu from getting to us and our family, or at least lingering longer than it has to.
A few tips are:
- Do your best to avoid people who are ill if at all possible.
- Try to stay away from others when you are ill to prevent spreading it.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often, particularly after touching your nose, mouth, etc.
- Use hand sanitizer.
- Get rest and lots of it. Your body needs a way to fight off those terrible germs and it has to have the energy to do it.
- Drink lots, and lots of fluids.
- See your doctor if your symptoms do not ease, or if you feel it going into your lungs, or you think you may be dehydrating. Serious health issues can arise when a simple cold and flu is not taken care of.
- Here’s a great article with more tips 10 Ways To Feel Better Now
I love herbal teas and particularly when I don’t feel well. Here are a couple of my favorites that are easy to keep on hand and help ease those aches and pains
SLEEPYTIME BY CELESTIAL SEASONINGS is a good one when you feel like you are coming down with something, or already have the crud.
This LEMON GINGER TEA BY BIGELOW has ginger and pro-bio-tics to help with digestion and stomach ailments.
SOOTHING BATH SOAK
Now, this is an oldie but a goodie I heard about. In a nice warm bath, pour in:
1/4 – 1/2 tsp ground ginger and 1/4 – 1 /2 tsp cayenne pepper (the original instruction was to use up to 1 Tablespoon of each)
Soak for 10 minutes or so to release toxins and relieve sore muscles.
To help with congestion that often comes with colds and flu’s, keeping the air moist will help. This can be done by using a cool-mist humidifier or a vaporizer, which will make it easier to breathe. And using it at night will help you sleep better because you will be less congested and cough less.
Homemade Cough Syrup, click HERE to go to post
Flu- Buster Smoothie, click HERE
Soothing Herbal Tea Remedy HERE
Cold & Flu Fighting Herbal Tea’s HERE
I am not a doctor, nor trained in any way medically, nor claim to be. Please see your physician with any questions about these products, recipes or ingredients and use at your own discretion and responsibility. I waive all responsibility medically or any otherwise.
Copyright Carrie Groneman, A Mother’s Shadow, 2016, 2018
Recognize a blessing and be a blessing today.