a bit about me:
WELCOME!A Mother’s Shadow is a very unique and wonderful supportive community where you will find inspiration, encouragement and education.
First I’ll tell you a little about me, so you know what’s behind A Mother’s Shadow, or AMS.
My name is Carrie. I’m a wife to Stan, we’ve been blessed to be married for over 36 years now.
Together we have five great kids, amazing in-law kids and nine adorable-perfect grandkids (grandparents can say that kind of stuff).
I was brought up in a very dysfunctional family of many divorces and other issues of instability.
While growing up I longed for the day to be able to worship as I desired, and someday to raise a family of my own with strong Christian values and a foundation of God’s teachings; while also able to have their own voice and opinions.
As I have observed, watched and learned from others mistakes and victories, it became quite obvious that our decisions made today, do influence our life tomorrow. Regardless of status or income, the path of our family and even the course of our posterity significantly either benefits, or suffers from our choices today.
That is how the name A Mother’s Shadow came to be – of course it applies to all, not just moms.
If you notice my logo, the heads are in the opposite order than you would expect.
Can you imagine the possibilities of our extraordinary achievements if we looked to our future (and that of our loved ones) before making important decisions!
At AMS I strive to always bring you my best so we can LEARN, be here as a support as we PRACTICE making correct choices, helping each other BECOME better than we ever imagined.
Now, that you have some background about me and AMS, is there something in particular you are looking for?
- Cooking has been a passion for as long as I can remember. I enjoy making people happy by giving them wonderful things to eat and building memories and relationships through food. Also, it’s so much healthier when you can be in charge of what you prepare and choose to have in your meals. In my RECIPE section you will find many options and all with step-by-step tutorials helping you be successful in every dish and stay in your budget by using tried-and-true recipes.
- Are you concerned your loved ones will learn the values you believe in and have a firm foundation in the correct principles you trust? Does it ever trouble you that the worlds shifting opinion might be your son or daughter’s main influence for a standard to live by instead of valued and honored ethics? I have a perfect solution for you in my series called FAMILY TIME-FAMILY HOME EVENING (fhe). Here I provide lessons with everything you need to teach morals, values and ethics in a fun, interactive way everyone from adults to children to teens.
- We have a huge responsibility to instruct our children in so many areas it’s overwhelming. From how to clean, to read and write….then of course the stuff we want such as sports, music and the arts. But have you ever considered that perhaps the MOST valuable skill and talent you can impart is that of KINDNESS and SERVICE? I will give you ALL the TOOLS you need to make it FUN and EASY in the JOY BUCKET. There you will find projects for YOU and the FAMILY.
- In the LOST ARTS SERIES I bring pertinent and usable education of various types in a very hands-on and tutorial method in EIGHT CATEGORIES to help you in your own life, as well as training your family for their successful future. Come see all the advantages in this LOST ART SERIES.
- In the MUSINGS category I bring you ANALOGIES and LIFE EXPERIENCES to help us learn, find inspiration and strength. My blog name of ‘Shadow’ has a significant meaning in the MUSINGS. Why? Well, because as we learn from each other, we can avoid mistakes, or know how to have success.
- Our SHADOW is something that we cast, whether it is sunny and it can be seen or not, we have a presence we project. So is it one of fear, unhappiness, one not to be trusted, not a truly genuinely moral person? OR is our SHADOW one that brings hope, comfort, and trusted guidance for a moral and noble life?
Our decisions, our SHADOW can bring confusion and even shame to our family and posterity to come. OR it can bring respect, admiration and our name will ring of nobility and pride.
- To HELP you be CREATIVE, be KIND, to LEARN and grow to be a BETTER you, I have FREE PRINTABLES to use and enjoy for yourself, as a family and to share. They are linked to the post or explanation that will help you use them to the fullest. YOU are always in my thoughts of how I can be a benefit, and these PRINTABLES is a huge undertaking of love.
- I have worked more hours than I can count anymore to try to make your life better in many areas, which is why this PRODUCTS is worth checking out. You can download the PDF files immediately for your use.
- One of my greatest challenges and joys has been the writing of my books such as A MOTHER’S SHADOW and other’s now available on AMAZON, which is easily found in THIS STORE
- I hope you find resources to build positive relationships, a strong family, and a resilient and happy marriage at AMS. Please reach out anytime, I’d love to visit, send an email to me at [email protected]