I posted this earlier, but somehow I didn’t link it correctly – oops! So here it is done right and now you can have all the advantage of ShopKick. THANK YOU Tawni for all your effort and patience:)
Shopkick is a shopping app that I recently started using. I’m hoping to earn enough points with it to help out with Christmas this year. I’m still learning all the ins and outs, but here’s what I’ve figured out so far!
What is Shopkick?
The point of Shopkick is to get points, or “kicks” that you can turn in for rewards (mostly gift cards). You can get kicks in a few different ways:
- Scans – some stores have a list of products you can scan with your phone or device. You can get a ton of kicks this way if you have a few extra minutes to walk around the store. Just open the app, select the store you’re in, select Scans, and go through the list!
- Walk-ins – some stores (such as Wal-mart, Smith’s, Target, Sam’s Club, etc.) give you kicks just for walking in the store. All you have to do is open the app, give it a few seconds, and it will give you kicks. Note: you have to tap the bubble that appears to “pop” it.
- Purchases – a few stores will give you kicks if you make a purchase. You can get these in a couple of ways, depending on the store. 1 – open the app, select the store, select Kicks for Purchases, and the cashier scans the barcode that appears on your screen OR 2 – use the credit or debit card that you link to your Shopkick account. Each store is different, but it seems like most of them use the linked credit/debit card.
- Which brings me to the next part – linking your credit or debit card to your account. This is super easy! In the upper left corner of the homepage, select the icon that looks like a person’s head. Select Settings, then Kicks When You Buy. Then type in your credit or debit card number and select Link My Card.
- Products – the Products tab is on the top left, next to Stores. Every day they add a few new products. Select one, scroll to the bottom, and sometimes there will be a picture of an envelope. Select the envelope and you’ll get one kick! Hint: when you first open a Shopkick account, there will be a ton of listings under Products. Most of these will have the little envelope so go through all of them to get a ton of kicks to get you started!
There are so many stores that partner with Shopkick. Besides the ones mentioned above, I’ve seen Old Navy, Carter’s, Home Depot, Lowes, Best Buy, JCPenney, Macy’s, American Eagle and Sports Authority. If you go to the mall, chances are there are two or three stores where you can get kicks!
So how long does it take to get rewards??? Like I said, I just started, so I haven’t had a lot of experience with this yet, but for 500 kicks you can get a $2 Target gift card and it doesn’t take long at all to get to this point. Let your kicks add up for a few months and you could have enough for a $25 gift card.
If you want to earn more kicks quickly, you can send a referral link to friends. For every 3 referrals, you get 2,000 kicks! To invite, select the head icon in the upper left corner and select Invite &
A couple of sidenotes:
• I’ve noticed that sometimes on the weekends certain stores will give you a pretty high number of kicks for walking in. For example, last weekend you could get 200 kicks at JCPenney, just for walking in!
• At Macy’s you have to walk around until you can hear music coming out of a speaker in the ceiling (this is where the signal comes out). Stand there for a few seconds and the kicks will come.
Want to get started with Shopkick? Click here, enter your phone number, and you will get a text with a link to download the app on your phone. This is a great way to earn a little extra for Christmas and birthday presents!
Do you use Shopkick? What are your favorite things to do with it?
Thank you again Tawni for putting this very informative post together; I really appreciate it!
Copyright Carrie Groneman, A Mother’s Shadow, 2015
Recognize a blessing and be a blessing today