Cold & Flu Season Tips to Keep Healthy
I have put together tips, recipes and ideas I came across, and some we have used in our family, to combat the flu and cold, as well as chase the aches and pains away. At the bottom are links to recipes that you see pictured here, and others also. I WANT YOU to stay healthy and happy!
There are ways we can prevent the cold and flu from getting to us and our family, or at least lingering longer than it has to.
A few tips are:
- Do your best to avoid sick people if at all possible.
- Try to stay away from others when you are sick.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often, particularly after touching your nose, mouth, etc. Use hand sanitizers.
- Get rest and lots of it. Your body needs a way to fight off those terrible germs and it has to have the energy to do it.
- Drink lots, and lots of fluids.
- See your doctor if your symptoms do not ease, or you feel it going into your lungs, may be dehydrating. Serious health issues can arise from a simple cold and flu if it is not taken care of.
I love herbal teas and particularly when I don’t feel well. Here are a couple of my favorite that are easy to keep on hand that help make ease those aches and pains
SLEEPYTIME BY CELESTIAL SEASONINGS is a good one when you feel you are coming down with something too.This LEMON GINGER TEA BY BIGELOW has ginger and pro-bio-tics to help with digestion and stomach ailments.
SOOTHING BATH SOAK
Now, this is an oldie but a goodie my mom told me about. In a nice warm toasty bath, pour in:
1/4 – 1/2 tsp ground ginger and 1/4 – 1 /2 tsp cayenne pepper (the original instruction was to use up to 1 Tablespoon of each)
Soak for 10 minutes or so to release toxins and relieve sore muscles.To help with congestion that often comes with colds and flu’s keeping the air moist will help. This can be done by using a cool-mist humidifier or a vaporizer, which will make it easier to breathe. And using it at night will help you sleep better because you will be less congested and will cough less.
Here are links to the home remedy’s I have for you on the following pages. I am not a doctor so please see your physician with any questions about these products, recipes or ingredients and use at your own discretion and responsibility.
Homemade Cough Syrup, click HERE to go to post
I am not a doctor, nor trained in any way medically, nor claim to be. Please see your physician with any questions about these products, recipes or ingredients and use at your own discretion and responsibility. I waive all responsibility medically or any otherwise.
Copyright Carrie Groneman, A Mother’s Shadow, 2016, 2017
Recognize a blessing and be a blessing today.