Balsamic BBQ Sauce:
1 cup balsamic vinegar
¾ cup ketchup
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbl. Worchestershire sauce
1 Tbl. Dijon mustard
½ tsp. Montreal Steak Seasoning
4 pieces steak or 4 pieces chicken (For the steak ask your butcher for a very tender cooking piece of meat. It’s better to have a smaller piece and more chicken or veggies for a melt-in-your-mouth succulent piece of this heavenly marinated steak, than a bunch that is tough and chewy.)
Combine all the Balsamic BBQ Sauce ingredients in a fry panStir until all the ingredients are incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
Simmer over medium heat until reduced by 1/3, about 15-20 minutes. It is done when you can coat a spoon with the mixture
And when running your finger (BE careful NOT to burn yourself!) it leaves an open trail.
To marinate meat, I cut into pieces, or you can leave the meat whole. Place into a zip lock baggiePour just enough marinade to coat well. I used approximately 1/4 cup per pound of meat.Squish the meat and marinade around to cover completely.
*Safety Tips for handling chicken:
- Keep meat cold
- After handling or cutting chicken, clean hands, utensils and area thoroughly with a very good antibacterial cleaner such as a vinegar and water or a clorox and water solution. Use the cleaner on counter, sink and other surfaces also.
- After turning the chicken on the grill, when the chicken is almost cooked through, use clean tongs to turn the meat so as not to contaminate the now cooked meat with any residue from the raw meat.
- Discard any marinade that the raw chicken soaked in. Do NOT use or taste marinade or anything that has been exposed to raw chicken.
- Cook chicken thoroughly using a digital thermometer.
CLICK HERE FOR A SAVORY HONEY MARINADE
CLICK HERE FOR A HURRY-UP MARINADE
This is why I LOVE these mats!!!
Look at how icky this mat was after cooking some chicken on it. I thought NO way is this stuff going to come off.I put it in the sink, gave a little squirt with the dish soap. In a few spots I did have to use a bit of elbow grease when I cooked with things with sugar, like BBQ sauce, but mostly just a little scrubby- scrub-scrub and …….Gave it a rinseSHIZAM – CLEAN!!!
These Royal Grilling BBQ Grill Mats are remarkable!
- The price is fantastic, THREE mats in the box, 8 year guarantee!
- You can put them in the dishwasher and of course they are reusable.
- Ratings are fabulous and it is FDA Approved and PFOA Free
Here are a few more ideas of how to use these AMAZING mats I thought of:
- Grilled fruit
- Anything, all you have to do is just control the heat of the charcoal
For this delectable meal, I put down bit of flavored olive oil infused with herbs on the mat, along with the fish, and it was sssooo good; just remember to watch out that the oil doesn’t get by the flames.And DESSERT of course – just watch the heat, it has to be like the oven temperature remember and use the lid to cook these. They were a bit tricky:)Here are more recipes I made for YOU to cook on the Royal Grilling BBQ Grill Mat
Don’t miss out on additional yummy recipes! Join for our newsletter by clicking HERE
Carrie Groneman’s recipe, copyright Carrie Groneman, A Mother’s Shadow, 2016
Recognize a blessing and be a blessing today.