Summer FUN with Grand Kids
It’s time to get out for some SUMMER FUN!
Grab All the kiddo’s –
The grand kids, great-grand kids, your kids and make some memories!!!
I KNOW it can be difficult to get the family together, with so many schedules, ages and different interests, but I hope you will take on this CHALLENGE –
Which is: To do SOMETHING with EACH and EVERY one of your grandkids (great grand-kids too if possible) and your kids sometime during the summer.
It may take a lot of effort to accomplish this little challenge, depending on location and availability, but it will be worth all the effort even it it is not apparent at the first.
Here are a few ideas of things to do:
- Skype with grand kids. If the children are young, read them a short picture book via Skype. If they are older have some jokes on hand (check out the local library or bookstore for a good one)
- If you can’t get everyone together at one time, still spend time with each one somehow that fits into your budget and health.
- Lunch or breakfast at your house, or at a restaurant, with a smaller group gives the opportunity for visiting.
- Go to the park and feed the ducks and play on the play ground.
- Visit an outdoor garden or easy trail to walk.
- Play an internet game at a set time once a week – you can agree on one that is fun and appropriate for both of you.
- Go to the zoo.
- Visit an aquarium.
- Take them to a water park, or a splash pad.
- A museum geared for children, or older, depending on the age of grand kid. Many are free and afterwards get an ice cream cone or small treat.
- See a play – serious or fun.
- Go fishing.
- Go bowling.
- Go on a bike ride together.
- Go on a hike or an easy to walk trail.
- Play the X-Box/gaming system together for a set time with the condition they walk around the block with you afterwards. You will have something to talk about, maybe your poor ‘gaming’ skills?? But hey, you can laugh together about it and have that in common.
- Sports such as tennis, 4-square (does anyone play that anymore?), hop scotch, you can come up with great ideas to ‘challenge’ them with.
- This list could go on for pages and pages
- Most important – do NOT, I repeat, do NOT give up!!
Recognize a blessing and be a blessing today.